A culinary tour is one where you take your taste buds to the vacation as well, along with your eyes and spirit. It is an exploration of the flavours that the place has to offer, and finding out the culinary history, recipes, culture and traditions just like you would do with any attraction site.
Culinary tourism is not just your usual dining out during a tour. The itinerary of the trip is scheduled with special emphasis on visiting food-themed destinations and indulging in similar activities like cooking demo. What better place in India to do that than the God’s Own Country itself? Kerala has the most unique palate when it comes to culinary tourism. While many people confuse all south Indians cuisines to be the same, the truth could not be farther from this.
Our Kerala Culinary Tour Package takes you to Kumarakom first where you visit local farms, enjoy demo cooking classes and get to participate in an authentic vegetarian wedding feast. After taking a tour of the spice and tea plantations of Periyar, a short trip of Cochin and its attractions will be like an icing on the cake. Finish the trip with the taste of an original home-cooked Malayali meal lingering in your mouth and heart.
Day 01 Arrive Cochin (By Flight)
After arriving Cochin airport or railway station, meet our representative who’ll escort you to the hotel. After freshening up, we head to the oldest synagogue in the Commonwealth of Nations. The ‘Paradesi’ synagogue or the Mattancherry Synagogue was built in 1568 and reflects the traditional style of architecture and interiors. After that we head to the Mattancherry Palace which was commissioned by the Portuguese and then set out to see the famous Chinese fishing nets that line the harbour.Retire for the night at hotel.
Day 02 Cochin – Munnar (By Road) (130 Kms. / 3H 40M appx.)
In the morning we start off for Munnar, which is roughly a 3 hour journey by road. This magnificent place was once the summer resort for British Generals from the East India Company. As we approach Munnar, you will be greeted with the pleasant fragrance of freshly grown tea. On arrival, we will check into the hotel and you are free to explore the town of Munnar. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 Munnar – Periyar (By Road) (92 ms. / 3H 20M appx.)
After breakfast we head to Periyar, the land of wilderness and untamed wildlife. Home to India’s premier wildlife sanctuary, one can easily spot tigers, elephants and exotic birds on these plains. We visit the spice plantations in the afternoon. The entire day is at leisure, with an overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 Periyar
We start off early for a boat ride at the Lake Periyar. Due to fluctuating weather conditions in this region, we shall schedule this boat ride after arriving in Periyar. A boat safari on the Periyar Lake will give you an opportunity the exotic wild species in their natural turf. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 05 Peiryar – Kumarakom (By Road) (122 s. / 3H 30M appx.)
Early morning after breakfast , head straight to Kumarakom which is home to the rubber plantations and a beautiful bird sanctuary. We travel for four hours via road off the shores of the scenic Lake Vembanad. On reaching Kumarakom you will be accommodated at a resort on the banks of backwater. Enjoy boat ride during your stay at the resort. Overnight at the resort.
Day 06 Kumarakom – Alleppey (Houseboat)
At Kumarkom, we board the Kuttuvallam or the House boat. As you cruise romantically through the quite waters of the rivers and lakes, watch the tall palms that canopy the bright sun, the emerald paddy fields and locals going about their business. Enjoy the lazy streams of water as the travel to our next destination Alleppy. Experience the off shore hospitality as we stay overnight on the splendid house boat.
Day 07 Alleppey – Kovalam (By Road) (160 s. / 3H 50M appx.)
By morning reach Alleppey, afterwards driving straight to Kovalam. Assistance and transfer to the hotel or resort. Retreat yourself by spend the day at ayurvedic center. Retire for the night in the hotel.
Day 08 Kovalam
The whole day is at leisure.You can opt for a sightseeing and shopping tour of Thrivandrum or stay and explore the city of Kovalam and its breath taking beaches and relax in golden sands. The beach is ideal for various kind of water sports like kayaking, surfing , skiing and swimming.
Day 09 Kovalam – Trivandrum (By Road) (30 ms. / 50M appx.)
Depart Trivandrum By Flight
After breakfast, transfer to airport to board a flight for your onward journey.
|Place||Night (s)||5* Standard||5* Luxury|
|Cochin||01||Ramada Resort||Le Meridien|
|Munnar||01||Fragrant Nature||Elixir Hills|
|Periyar||02||Elephant Court||Spice Village|
|Kumarakom||01||The Zuri Kumarakom||Kumarakom Lake Resort|
|Alleppey||01||Deluxe Houseboat||Luxury Houseboat|
|Kovalam||02||Uday Samudra||Leela Kovalam|
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
– 07 nights hotel accommodation as per the program.
– 01 overnight in houseboat at the backwaters of Kerala.
– Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner.
– 01 Cooking Lesson in Cochin.
– 01 Cooking Lesson in Munnar.
– 01 Cooking Lesson in Periyar.
– 01 Cooking Lesson in Kumarakom.
– 01 Cooking Lesson in Kovalam.
– Enjoy boat ride during your stay at the resort in Kumarakom
– Full day excursion to the village and bird sanctuary in Kumarakom
– Experience the scenic beauty and magic of backwaters, at Alleppey
– Feel rejuvenated while stay at ayurvedic center
– Excursion to Neyyar in houseboat
– Half day city tour to Trivandrum city
– Entrance fees to the monuments as per the program.
– Kathakali dance show in Cochin.
– Local English / French / German / Italian / Spanish / Chinese / Russian speaking guide.
– Covering all major monuments and activities.
– All transfers, sightseeing and excursions by private AC vehicle.
– All taxes.
– International Air Fare
– Visa Fees
– Travel Insurance
– Personal expenses and drinks.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.