Be immersed in awe-inspiring scenery and the Buddhist way of life on an inspirational trip through Bhutan. Discover the spectacular Himalayan settings of Paro and Thimphu valleys with a private driver and guide, combining cultural sights, spiritual experiences and breathtaking scenery on a journey that can be tailored entirely to your preferences, in advance or on the ground.
Day 1: Experience breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks on the spectacular descent into the Buddhist kingdom of Bhutan. Begin your spiritual journey at Changangkha Lhakang, a 12th-century temple in the Thimphu valley: meditate in the altar room and take part in the symbolic lighting of 108 butter lamps, before returning to Amankora’s Thimphu lodge for a traditional cultural performance or a lecture on Buddhism at the library.
Day 2: Join locals in their daily worship before embarking on the incredible journey through the Himalayan landscape to Paro. Join the nuns at Zilukha for dawn prayer, circle the Memorial Chorten with locals and explore Thimphu’s cultural sights and shops, before taking the dramatic drive to Amankora’s Paro lodge, stopping en route at Dra Karpo, one of Bhutan’s holiest temples. In Paro, visit the National Museum, the fortress of Paro Dzong and Dungtse Lhakang.
Day 3: After sunrise meditation at Amankora, trek to Tiger’s Nest, the legendary cliff-top monastery that rewards hikers with life-affirming views at its summit. The descent brings the promise of a visit to the Kingdom of Bhutan’s oldest temple, Kyichu Lhakhang, and a lecture, traditional cultural performance or prayer flag printing in the evening at the lodge.
Day 4: Depart Paro.
• Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
• Meeting and assistance by our representative.
• Luxury Amankora Hotels as per the duration of the program selected.
• Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
• Bhutan Visa.
• Entrance fees to monuments.
• Private English-Speaking guide throughout your journey.
• Full board as described in the program for two guests (non- alcoholic beverages included).
• Covering all main / major monuments and tourist attractions in each city.
• All Transfers, Sightseeing and Overland drive as per the itinerary by private air-conditioned Transport.
• Luxury vehicle Land Cruiser / Prado to be used for the program.
• All taxes.
• Domestic and International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.