Explore the valleys of Thimphu, Punakha and Paro with a private guide, taking in ancient monasteries, majestic mountains and more of this high-altitude Himalayan kingdom. All Amankora 7-night itineraries can be adjusted to suit preferences, both before arrival and on the ground.
Day 1: Explore forested mountains dotted with monasteries and temples on route to Thimphu. A gentle walk through the city with afternoon visits to museums and chortens offers a window into the ancient culture, before a night at Amankora Thimphu
Day 2: Thimphu Valley – home to the seat of Bhutan’s royal government and a monastic astrology academy. An invigorating walk crosses one of the country’s oldest cantilever bridges to Cheri Goemba, where the Kingdom of Bhutan’s first community of monks was based
Day 3: Arrive at the Dochu La Mountain Pass en route to Punakha Valley, stopping at one of Bhutan’s first fortress monasteries. Visit the village of Talo, home to the temple of the Queen Mother’s protective deity, then take an afternoon hike or a dip in the infinity pool amid rice terraces at Amankora Punakha
Day 4: Hike alongside the River Mo, through tiered rice paddies to a chorten built by the queen mother. Picnic on the banks of the River Puna, near the winter homes of the royal family, before visiting Punakha’s dzong and the 15th-century Chimi fertility temple
Day 5: Wind through the Wang and Paro river valleys to Amankora Paro, surrounded by pines. Explore nearby ruins as well as some of the valley’s oldest and holiest religious monuments, followed by an evening lecture, prayer flag printing or a traditional cultural performance.
Day 6: Discover artefacts dating back to 4000 BCE at the National Museum. Visits to Kyichu and Dumtse temples offer cultural discovery, while a gentle walk past Drukgyal Dzong leads along the River Paro through forest and tiered fields.
Day 7: A morning hike ascends to Tiger’s Nest – one of Bhutan’s most revered ancient sites. Experience astonishing views from the monastery, perched on a cliff 900 metres above the valley floor, before enjoying a 60-minute treatment in the lodge spa. Depart from Paro airport the next morning.
Day 8: Depart Paro.
• Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
• Meeting and assistance by our representative.
• Luxury Amankora Hotels as per the duration of the program selected.
• Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
• Bhutan Visa.
• Entrance fees to monuments.
• Private English-Speaking guide throughout your journey.
• Full board as described in the program for two guests (non- alcoholic beverages included).
• Covering all main / major monuments and tourist attractions in each city.
• All Transfers, Sightseeing and Overland drive as per the itinerary by private air-conditioned Transport.
• Luxury vehicle Land Cruiser / Prado to be used for the program.
• All taxes.
• Domestic and International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.